Monday, April 3, 2017

Flagellants updated

I've already mentioned that I was not totally satisfied with my flagellants, the first unit I've painted for this army. A few weeks ago, I tried to correct a few things on them (hair, faces...) and removed the beggar and the warrior-priest to have an 8-man regiment, as indicated by the Warhammer Armies book.



I've also considered painting new details on them with reds, golds and violets to link them with the other units... but in the end, I gave up the idea: too much work! 

10 comments:

  1. Very good ! An 8 men unit ! It's in the fluff to not put too much colors : Colors are chaotic after all, and flagellants aren't troll or giant slayers, they don't need any gold or jewells...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with above no need for additional colors, besides the lore suggests they wouldn't want to match the rest of the force anyway. Also, the lack of color will make them stand out even more as fanatical zealots. I do like the hair color changes though, your painting is always top notch. Any plans yet for the warrior priest or beggar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was considering hiding the warrior-priest in the rear rank of the mercenaries. For the beggar, possibly a small conversion to transform him into the standard bearer of the second unit of flagellants. Alternatively, he could join the useless crowd of the baggage train.

      Delete
  3. Merci ! Ca m'a donné envie de m'y remettre. Prochain objectif : la seconde unité de flagellants Marauder, convertis cette fois-ci...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stained, weathered look on their clothes. I have seen a few ramblers strolling across the moors looking also identical to your unit!! Save the flails of course!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! More stains and flails to come with the next batch of flagellants.

    ReplyDelete